Workforce training and educational events offered in February
Community Health Worker Training 2020
The Community Health Worker Association of Rochester (CHWAR) is hosting a training session for individuals seeking an entry level career in health care. The training session is sponsored by the Health Professional Opportunity Grant and runs February 24-July 3 on Mondays and Wednesdays 1:30-4:30 PM.
Workforce Integration of Peer and Community Health Worker Roles
The Finger Lakes Regional Planning Consortium is hosting "Workforce Integration of Peer and Community Health Worker Roles: A needs-based toolkit to advance organizational readiness" on Feb 26, 1:30-3:30PM at St. Bernard's School of Theology & Ministry in Rochester.
Alzheimer's Association hosting Dr. Carl Hill for grand rounds and symposium
The Rochester & Finger Lakes Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association is hosting two events featuring Dr. Carl Hill, president, scientific engagement for the Alzheimer's Association. Dr. Hill will discuss issues of racial disparities in Alzheimer's and dementia research at both events:
- Grand Rounds entitled "Diversity: An Important Frontier for Alzheimer's and All Dementia Research" at Monroe Community Hospital on Mar 4, 8:00-9:00 AM. This event is approved for physician and social work continuing education credits.
- The 9th Annual Dr. Lemuel and Gloria Rogers African American Health Symposium will be held Mar 5, 10:00 AM-3:00 PM at Stardust Ballroom, 41 Backus Street. Rochester. This event is free; lunch and refreshments will be served. You can learn more about the symposium here. To pre-register please call 1-800-272-3900.
Caring for Elders 14th Annual Geriatric Teaching Day
Highland Hospital and the Finger Lakes Geriatric Education Center will host their annual Geriatric Teaching Day on April 22, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM at Monroe Community Hospital.
Save the Date: Monroe County Office of Mental Health Workforce Symposium
Monroe County Office of Mental Health will host a Workforce Symposium April 23, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM at CCSI, 1099 Jay St., Bldg J, 3rd floor. The symposium will cover the following:
- How to Maximize Business Support Services for your Hiring needs
- Understanding Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
- Developing Leaders from Within
- Intergenerational Workforce Success
Ideal attendees include leaders, managers, and HR professionals at non-profit (MH, SUD, and I/DD) agencies/organizations. Note: registrations will be initially limited to 2 per agency/organization due to limited capacity, with additional spots opened as available.
Registration will be available soon. Please contact Bonnie Smith with questions.