Locations: All Locations
Position Title: Contract Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Manages Others: No
Posting date: 11/1/21
Founded in 1974, Common Ground Health is one of the nation’s oldest and most effective regional health planning organizations. Located in Rochester’s Neighborhood of the Arts, the nonprofit serves the nine-county Finger Lakes region. We bring together leaders from health care, education, business, government and other sectors to find common ground on health challenges. Using the region's most comprehensive health data, together we hammer out strategies for better care, smarter spending and healthier people. Through all of these activities, Common Ground Health seeks to promote population health improvement and reduce health care disparities in the Finger Lakes region.
The Contract Manager is responsible for managing the contracting process across the agency. They are responsible for coordinating every aspect of the contracting from preparing, reviewing and approving contract terms to coordinating deadlines, ensuring reporting to funders is completed, and actively looking for new funding opportunities that align with Common Ground Health’s mission.
The Contract Manager will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, department heads and operations team to develop and manage a consistent process for contracting that meets the needs of the organization and each department. They will frequently interface with internal and external stakeholders and will need to demonstrate excellent judgement and communications skills to be successful. The Contract Manager will demonstrate a commitment to the mission, vision and values of Common Ground Health.
- Draft contracts and statements of work, in partnership with departmental leads
- Liaise with program officers, funders etc. and serve as the primary point of contact for Common Ground Health.
- Develop and maintain a centralized system for tracking and managing the entire contract life-cycle.
- Manage the conflict transaction process with the Common Ground finance department and board of directors.
- For contracts where Common Ground Health serves as the fiduciary, manage the invoicing and payment process to ensure timely payment and deliverables.
- Manage the implementation of Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs).
- Identify and catalogue all deliverables for contracts, including artifacts, budget updates and project narratives. Develop a plan to ensure all deliverables are reported.
- Coordinate the reporting of deliverables and milestones to various funders
- In collaboration with department heads, draft narratives for reports
- Submit reports via various electronic mechanisms (ex. Grants Gateway).
- Develop and manage the process for managing grant proposals
- Be a part of the proposal team for grants. Coordinate the development of proposals with team leads and finance.
- Actively research potential funding sources to support current programs
- The ability to work effectively on multiple complex projects simultaneously and maintain flexibility to adapt to a changing environment.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills; good problem-solving and development of creative solutions; ability to manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, work independently and within a team structure.
- Ability to analyze all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Possess a working knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Excels at multi-tasking and has excellent project management, time management, and organization skills.
- Has working knowledge of budgets, financial analytics and profit and loss implications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, or a related field. An equivalent amount of work experience that demonstrates a high level of expertise in the field will be considered.
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to meet deliverables and work with internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Familiarity with the contract management process and non-profit accounting practices strongly desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office products (Word, Outlook and PowerPoint), and project management software (Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Basecamp).
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Holds an active New York State Driver’s License and has available transportation to travel locally as needed for agency business.
- Must be able to work remotely.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, as needed. Sits for long periods. Works long hours on a computer. Uses a keyboard. Reads printed materials or from a computer monitor.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those requirements and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits such as: medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous time off package along with paid holidays; a 403(b) retirement plan with an employer contribution, employer paid benefits such as life insurance, short and long-term disability and a flexible and friendly work environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org